Tuesday 24 May 2011

There and Back Again.

It feels a bit weird that this day has come. It's not a completely bad feeling nor something that feels too good, I guess something bittersweet. It's an day that we all knew would eventually come.

I can say that on one hand I feel a great sense of accomplishment that we experienced this but at the same time I also have a sense of regret for not being able to stay longer. But it'll definitely be a memory I'll keep forever.

I'll provide a brief update about our yesterday, our last day we had to explore.

As you probably read in Colin's post, we finally went to one of if not the most recognizable landmarks, Tokyo Tower. On the way there we crossed the main office of Bandai.



The tower itself was separated into two different observatories, the main one at 150m and the special one at 250m. Colin and I stayed at the main while Matt went to the special (it cost extra).
Like the CN tower back in Toronto, Tokyo Tower provided a complete 360 degree view of the city. It also had glass floor panels as well as a cafe up there.


To finish our trip, we decided to go for a final, final round of Akiba. Along the way to the train station we found the Zojijo Temple. It had alot of Jizo Statues.


And finally we have Akiba, we did some very last minute shopping. But I do believe it was a very fitting conclusion for us.
Our flight is later today, we're all packed and ready to go. So Japan, here's a final sayonara (^▽^)

Update (from Vancouver): Forgot to do this when I wrote the post so here's my lists.

Stuff I'll miss from Japan:
Vending Machines every five metres.
Onsens to cook myself in
Shopping districts devoted for my geeky needs
The Cute mentality

Stuff I won't miss from Japan:
Being mistaken for being a resident (although I'm flattered)
STAIRS

No comments:

Post a Comment