Friday 6 May 2011

To the North!

Today we went to the northern downtown area of Osaka. This was the last location we had yet to explore. We got off at Osaka Station and began looking for a post office to exchange money. The area we were in reminded me a lot of downtown Toronto. However if you walk about 5mins away from the station you realize that it is quite different. One thing I like about Japan is that there are a lot of streets with roofs over them.

We ended up having a delicious lunch and finding way too many arcades. The downtown area had to have at least an arcade every block. There was also a lot of restaurants and clothing stores. We explored a couple of side streets and found some interesting shops. The day was pretty relaxing as we explored the many malls, stores and streets of Osaka.

We returned home and I finally started to do my laundry... (to bad the dryer kind of sucks)

Daily Vending Machine and Sign


The sign was in the train station. I believe it is warning people to beware of fraud. The vending machine was picked because of the frog ;p.


Lunch! It was good.


We went looking for Mandarake and found a Club Sega instead. After leaving we realized that the store we were looking for was just next door. The next picture is just one of the side streets. The many streets are really brimming with life.


This is the outside of Mandarake. It is basically a store that buys back games, toys, anime, etc from people and sells it at a cheap price. The prices overall range from very good to crazy expensive. They have a lot of rare items. I ended up buying two comics and a book (cost about $10).


Picture taken on our search for the Osaka Pokemon Center. We never did find it.


Posters that were outside of an arcade we went in.


I was told to try this drink. I was not sure what to think of a drink called 'Calpis', but I bought it. I ended up really enjoying this drink!


Huge set up for Project Diva Arcade inside of the Namco Land arcade. The center machine is projected onto a huge screen. I ended up buying a card for this game. This allows me to save my stats and scores.


Posters outside the store 'Animate'.


The Giant Ferris Wheel. It is part of a huge mall. You can actually ride it.

No comments:

Post a Comment