Tuesday 3 May 2011

Do what the locals do

So its day 4 of grand voyage into the land of the rising sun. I'll be providing our morning post today (although I ended up posting it late cuz of a dead battery XP). As you have read from Matt's and Colin's recent posts, we went to experience the depths of the sea at the famous Kaiyukan Aquarium. What can I say about our time there? Very crowded. The place was packed full of young couples and families who were taking the day off from school and work due to Golden Week. Still being surrounded by so many marine life was a great experience, I just wish I didn't have to worry bout stepping on someone's feet every 10 seconds =P

After returning from the aquarium, we decided to have dinner at one of the local noodle restaurants near the hostel. The establishment was run by a kind old lady who greeted us happily. However, she didn't have any knowledge of English. So conveying our orders took much gesturing. In the end we were able to order a simple bowl of Udon for each of us.

I forgot to take a picture last night. But I got a photo this morning on the way to getting breakfast.


As for breakfast, I ended up buying some more traditional-looking onigiri/rice balls.



This day we'll be accompanied by Matt's friend Yusuke. Who will be meeting us here at the hostel at noon today.

1 comment: