Thursday 4 May 2017

Arakawa with the Sibs

So the time has come where I have to depart from my friends and instead switch to the company of my siblings. It is unfortunate but I have familial obligations to make sure my siblings do not run amok through the streets of Tokyo.

While my friends enjoy the sights of Mt. Fuji, I'll be visiting all the famous landmarks with my brother and sister today. But as for a recount of what happen yesterday, well not much. Most of the morning the gang spent it packing up our luggage and leaving to catch the bus to the Ryokan.

While I traveled back to Narita Airport to pickup my siblings.

Once they arrived we took the train to the Arakawa area, which one can consider as "old Tokyo"
The host of the airbnb apartment, Seiko, was kind enough to meet us at the station and bring us to the apartment, she gave us a lay of the area around us as well as pointed out the various restaurants of interest.






After settling in the apartment (which was decorated with alot of pokemon memorabilia) we decided to try out a Ramen place Seiko suggested.
The restaurant itself pretty small but it provided a no-nonsense traditional experience. The staff was friendly and while the menu was only in japanese, we were able to make sense of it thanks to google translate.

The type of ramen we ate was the Tsukemen style which had the noodles and broth separate. One would instead dip the ramen noodles in the sauce in the same manner as soba noodles.

Afterwards we did some light shopping at a local supermarket to get some drinks and snacks. Today we will be heading out to the Imperial Palace and Tokyo Tower and the highlight for me, Ramen Street 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment